- S'MAC - A lactaidy tribute to Mac & Cheese in the East Village
- PB&CO - a loving ode to the PB&J
- Doughnut Plant - a paean to my favorite fried sweet treat, the Donut.
This Little Piggy Had Roast Beef:
The owners of This Little Piggy are experienced Schtick-Restaurant proprietors, having previously raised Led Zeppole.
This Little Piggy has but 3 items (they seem to have since added a 4th). Although the Pastrami got some shine, the clear focus on is on that Union Jack Stereotype, the Roast Beef:
This Way (Roast Beef, Cheez Whiz served on a roll),
That Way (Beef, Mozzarella, Dipped in Au Jus - Chicago Style - served on a Hero)
The Other Thing (Pastrami and Cole Slaw on Rye)
I decided on This Way for a couple of reasons.
1) I've never eaten Cheez Whiz before and figured when in Processed Cheese Sauce Rome. Also I figured I should prepare myself in case I ever make Cheesesteak Aliyah to Philadelphia.
2) It seemed like an upmarket version of a gross Arby's Beef n Cheddar and I'd figure it would really stick it to those smug Raffell Brothers
The Whiz Worked Wonderfully. It added a guilty, velvety(or maybe its Velveeta) texture. The moist, slow roasted beef, the Au Jus and the Cheez Whiz led to a bun that was bursting with flavour.
The Meat was tender and with strong peppery flavours. The Angus Top Round after hours of slow roasting is kept warm in its juices, is extremely tender.
And did I mention greasy?!? As Nick Riviera Said
"And remember, if you're not sure about something, rub it against a piece of paper. If the paper turns clear, it''s your window to weight gain."
Notice the transparency throughout the wrapper.
This is the kind of Sandwich that I could see myself to propose to after a night of libations and instantly seeking an annulment when I woke up the next morning.
Overall Judgment: 7.75 Opas/10