I hereby agree to NEVER review, eat, or otherwise discuss the Double Down on this blog.
And besides, if you want a pure monstrosity of artery-clogging Sandwich Hare-Kare, I offer you this recent monstrosity I had at Denny's. Despite the silly political wrangling over the issue, the Double Down seems like lo-cal fair in comparison to THE GRAND SLAMWICH!!!!.
The Grands Slamwich consists of:
- Scrambled Eggs
- Ham (therefore it contains the Pig Trifecta)
- Gobs of Mayonnaise
- Processed cheese
All between two pieces of maple-glazed thick toast.
A peek inside the Pork Trifecta
This thing pretty much equals death weighing it at a COLOSSAL 1230 Calories, with 89!!!!!!! grams of fat.
vs. the pitiful in comparison Double Down:
|Sandwich||Calories||Fat (g)||Sodium (mg)|
|KFC Original Recipe® Double Down||540||32||1380|
- Really Pork-y. I'm pretty sure "Babe" spoke to me on the third bite.
- Due to the varied contents of the Sandwich, each bite offered a different mixture of tastes, textures & salt... lots of salt.
- Decent maintenance of Sandwich Integrity.
- Sluggishness began to set in by 2nd half of Sandwich.
- Scrambled eggs reminded me of warming tray eggs at a Holiday Inn Express complimentary breakfast.
- WAY too much mayo.
- Real cheese would have added a much-needed sharpness to this Sandwich.